AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC REVIEW AND COMMENT
JOINT DA and DOH-FDA ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER
(Delineation of Functions and Shared Responsibilites in the Enforcement of Organic Labeling and Regulation of Processed and Prepackaged Organic Food)
1. Why is the Joint Administrative Order (JAO) between DA and DOH-FDA being drafted?
With the lifting of moratorium for voluntary compliance to third party certification of organic agriculture products last October 31, 2016, there is a pressing need for the enforcement guidelines for the full enforcement of Section 17 and 26 of the OAA of 2010. This is with the general objective of protecting consumers against fraud and mislabeling as provided for in the Consumer Act of the Philippines series of 1992.
2. What are the Essential points of the Joint DA and DOH-FDA Administrative Order
- Delineation of functions and shared responsibilities of various enforcement agencies in the implementation of Section 17 and 26 RA 10068
- Institution of additional measures to ensure the mandatory enforcement of labeling requirements for organic products
- Mechanism on the handling of complaints relative to the mandatory enforcement of labeling requirements for organic products.
- Ensure protection of the health and welfare of the consumers against false and misleading information, labels and advertisement, promotional and marketing materials.
3. Who was responsible for the drafting?
The drafting of the guideline commenced through the order of the National Organic Agriculture Board (NOAB) to the Bureau of Agriculture and Fisheries Standards (BAFS)
4. Procedure for Review and Commenting the Draft Document
- Download the template provided here [Download link for the template].
- Accomplish the necessary details (e.g. name, contact details, organization, etc.) being asked from the template.
- Provide general and/or specific comments/suggestions to the provisions in the draft document.
- Provide justification for your comments if necessary.
- Send the accomplished document not later than 13 July 2017 (5:00 PM) to the Secretariat via email.
TO EMAIL THE ACCOMPLISHED DOCUMENT
Subject: Draft JOINT DA and DOH-FDA ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER [INITIALS OF REVIEWER]
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, kindly contact the Secretariat through telephone no.: (02) 273.2474 local 3318 or 3325 or via email at email@example.com.
 The Secretariat may contact the reviewer if there are clarifications needed from the reviewer.
 The receipt of your comments or suggestions does not guarantee full adoption as these will still undergo deliberations from the Technical Working Group (TWG) members as per Special Order No. 694 s.2016.