1. to develop relevant and science-based Philippine National Standards (PNS) for:
- Fresh, primary- and secondary-processed livestock and fishery products, related to consumer health and safety and efficient trade (RA No. 8435 – Agriculture and Fishery Modernization Act);
- Organic agriculture including livestock, aquaculture, organic production, processing and labeling (RA No. 10068 – Organic Agriculture Act);
- Food safety to be used of DA Food Safety Regulatory Agencies (FSRAs) in developing/implementing food safety regulations (RA No. 10611 – Food Safety Act);
- Halal primary and post-harvest food (RA No. 10817 – Philippine Halal Export Development and Promotion Board);
2. to harmonize the Philippine National Standards with regional (i.e. ASEAN) and international (i.e. Codex, IFOAM and ISO) standards.