GUIDELINE FOR THE USE OF “ORGANIC” MARK
The ‘Organic’ mark issued by the DA-BAFS shall always accompany the logo of the OCB and its official accreditation number and may appear only on, organic certificate issuances, and on all certified products under its officially accredited scope.
I. Basic design elements and colors
Figure 1 shows the basic design elements of the certification mark is the National Organic Agriculture Program Logo capped with the Sun and the three Stars with the text “Organic PHILIPPINE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE” and with the Official Accreditation Number situated at the bottom of the mark. Only official artwork versions of the mark should be used. There are three allowable designs of the mark with respect to the color as shown in Figure 2.
2. The inscription is used in cases where you are not allowed to use the certification mark but still wish to communicate your certification. The basic design elements of the inscription consists of a text that indicates “Philippine Department of Agriculture” in color green, “OFFICIALLY ACCREDITED ORGANIC CERTIFYING BODY” in brown color, all in plain text divided in three lines and the Official Accreditation Number of the OCB in green. The Inscription is enclosed in the box with rounded upper-right and lower-left corner. The typeface used for the text in the inscription is Trajan Pro 3 Bold while for the official accreditation number is Absara Sans Bold. Provided also in Figure 3 the other allowed altered version of color of inscription.
II. Basic rules
1. The Officially Accredited OCB should only use the official artwork of the ‘Organic’ Mark for management systems and/or the official inscription that corresponds with the scope to which the OCB is officially accredited.
2. Always use the ‘Organic’ Mark with the Official Accreditation Number in conjunction with OCB’s logo.
3. You may use the ‘Organic’ Mark on:
3.1 Certified Products, including primary packaging or adhesive tape
3.2 Product documentation (e.g. technical specifications and catalogue pages)
4. To avoid misinterpretation, the ‘Organic’ Mark is therefore not allowed to be used on:
4.1 Certificates (except organic certificate), statements of conformity, reports etc. as an output from services provided (e.g. testing and calibration activities, inspections, assessments etc.)
4.2 Marketing material of the OCB
4.3 Corporate publications (e.g. annual reports)
4.4 Business Cards of any of the personnel of the OCB
4.7 Stands, buildings and signs
4.8 Stationary: letterheads, envelopes, invoices and fax sheets
5. In addition, the Mark should not be used on letterheads. To communicate your certification for the above purposes, you may use the inscription as provided in Figure 3.
6. If in doubt regarding use of marks, you should contact the DA-BAFS.
III. Mark and inscription misuse
1. The original artwork of the ‘Organic’ Mark should be used in a way that preserves the integrity of the mark. Therefore, the mark should not be altered or used in an improper way.
2. Do not modify the color.
3. Do not distort any part of the mark.
4. Do not alter the relative size of any element of the mark.
5. Do not position the mark on a visually distracting background or on pictures.
6. Do not separate and modify any elements of the mark.
7. Do not place the seal inside any kind of box or other shape that may mistakenly be considered part of the mark.
8. Do not print at less than 100 percent ink density (opacity).
9. Do not use the seal as a decorative element – for example, repeating it or portions of it like a wallpaper pattern.
10. Do not modify the font of the inscription.
11. Do not modify the color of the inscription.
12. Do not separate and modify any elements of the inscription.
13. Any uses not addressed in this guide are considered unacceptable unless approved by the DA-BAFS.
IV. Distance and size of the mark
1. The certification mark may be enlarged or reduced maintaining its height-width proportion.
2. The size of the certification mark should be in proportion to the size of the OCB’s logo.
3. The minimum reduced size is 20 mm (in height). This is the minimum size at which numbers and letters are legible.
4. The certification mark may be used in such a way that:
4.1 It is the same height as the OCB logo.
4.2 The space between the mark and the OCB logo is the same height as the mark.
4.3 Even when the OCB logo is very small, the certification mark must be at least 20 mm high.
4.4 The maximum size of the mark should be such that it does not predominate over the size of the OCB logo. It is recommended that the size of the certification mark should not exceed one-third or one-half the height of the surface to which it is affixed.